This Buckwheat Honey from Washington is wonderfully mysterious, a brown-black, stout and complex honey. Hints of mossy earth, and a not-so-sweet matrix combine to develop a malty flavor with a pronounced bright finish. Its finish can be compared to sorghum or molasses.
The honey in this 10.5 oz jar comes from a small, family-owned apiary doing all it can to save the bees. And because every honey is as unique as its floral source, this honey is different from any you will ever taste.
Bee Raw honey is always in its purest, most unaltered form; it has not been pasteurized, filtered, blended or flavored. The true flavor and nutritional integrity are intact, giving you the honey as it came from the hive: real and raw.
Here at The August Tree, we keep this bottle (and a teaspoon!) handy for those times that we need a candy-fix. A teaspoon of Buckwheat Honey has that crunch that would satisfy a candy-bar craving and give the much-needed energy boost at the middle of the day, without the crash after.
- Apiary Location: Washington State
- Floral Source: Buckwheat flowers (Fagopyrum esculentum)
- Cheese Pairing: Fresh goat cheese, ricotta cheese
- Fruit Pairing: Broiled grapefruit
- Dairy Pairing: Greek yogurt
- Tea Pairing: Elderflower tea
- Serving size: 1 Tablespoon
- 16g sugars, 17g carbohydrates, 0g fat, 60 calories
- Note: Children under the age of one year should not consume raw honey.