The North Carolina Sourwood Honey is quite rare. Sourwood trees flower midsummer in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Harvested at the end of the bloom when the nectar is sweetest, sourwood honey is highly floral, rich and buttery, with a maple finish.
The honey in this 10.5 oz jar comes from a small, family-owned apiary doing all it can to save the bees. And because every honey is as unique as its floral source, this honey is different from any you will ever taste.
Bee Raw honey is always in its purest, most unaltered form; it has not been pasteurized, filtered, blended or flavored. The true flavor and nutritional integrity are intact, giving you the honey as it came from the hive: real and raw.
This honey is so exquisite! Here at The August Tree, we treat it like champagne - we pop open a jar when we celebrate. It is that good!
- Apiary Location: Statesville, North Carolina
- Floral Source: Sourwood trees
- Cheese Pairing: Camembert and other bloomy rind cheeses
- Fruit Pairing: Grilled peaches
- Dairy Pairing: Clotted cream
- Tea Pairing: Classic iced tea, strong green tea
- Serving size: 1 Tablespoon
- 16g sugars, 17g carbohydrates, 0g fat, 60 calories
- Note: Children under the age of one year should not consume raw honey.