If you could have an adventure in New York City, where would you go? Curious readers will find plenty to see, learn, and explore in this fun and illustrated pick-your-own-path travel guide series!
Would you walk the Brooklyn Bridge for a huge slice of pizza, see the dazzling lights in Times Square, or visit the whale at the Museum of Natural History?
Create your own itinerary, choose which places to visit at the end of every page, and follow along with an adventurous family as they explore New York.
• Visit iconic sites like the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, and the legendary Broadway theater district.
• Grab a slice from New York’s iconic pizzerias, sample world-famous bagels, and try a taste of Harlem Soul food.
• Discover off-the-beaten-path destinations such as the Little Red Lighthouse, the Underground Transit Museum, and the Boardwalk of Coney Island.
• Travel through the city that never sleeps by waterway ferry, subway and the iconic yellow taxi.
• Get to know the diversity of the city through visits to Chinatown, Little Italy, Queens, and Harlem.
Featuring playful illustrations, a diverse and lovable cast of characters, an invaluable resources section, and a fun foldout map, this book is an ingenious way for kids to take the lead while planning a vacation or learning about one of the largest cities in the world.
About the Author
Beth Beckman is the editor and founder of the namesake website, Little Kid, Big City, and is trusted by parents across the country as an authority on traveling with kiddos. An avid explorer and adventure seeker, she provides travel and activity recommendations on her Instagram account of the same name. She lives in New York City with her family which includes a miniature dachshund named Hotdog with a not-so-mini personality.
About the Illustrator
Holley Maher is an artist in the broadest sense--a multi-instrumentalist, singer-songwriter, producer, author, illustrator, and renowned stationery designer behind Wink Wink Paper Co. Her songs have been licensed around the world in film and television, including ad campaigns for brands such as Ikea, Nutella, Cheerios, Birchbox, and Pangaea Jewelry, and her illustrations have been featured on countless album covers and magazines. She lives in Nashville.
Hardcover | 88 pages